Powered by Paperitalo
To apply for this job, you must first register as an applicant. Register here.
Electrical (Controls) EngineerAutomatic Handling International, Inc. Erie, Michigan
Automatic Handling International, Inc. is now in our 47th year of business supplying the Global Fortune 500 Consumer Products Manufacturing Industry. As a worldwide Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) of custom and patented handling and packaging systems.
We provide technologies that increase production, protect valuable products, and eliminate touches through automation. The success of our customers is the foundation of our business.
- Programs PLCs and user interfaces for fully automatic patented OEM equipment and prototypes.
- Develop PLC (Allen-Bradly) software for material handling
- Support electrical and control work performed by electricians and contractors while on customer site
- Software programming for Allen-Bradley and Siemens PLCs
- Collaborate with sales, other engineers, and project managers throughout the course of a job
- Handle multiple projects at one time
- Perform electrical and mechanical troubleshooting on shop floor during set-up and testing
- Work with electrical/mechanical assembly team to prepare for Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT)
- Interface directly with customers during FAT and commissioning
- Travel to customer locations all over the United States for start-up and commissioning
- Perform training for customer personnel as part of commissioning process
- Engineer and design pneumatic schematics and electrical wiring programs
- Design electrical control panels and programmable human machine interface (HMI) software
- Design programmable logic controller software
- Design programmable human machine interface (HMI) software
- Debug and provide start-up support for control systems
- Support various I/O devices connected to PLC’s including HMI’s, scanners, remote I/O, sensors, relays, solenoids, servo drives, etc., and support/assist maintenance personnel in troubleshooting pneumatic circuits
- Rockwell software
- Allen-Bradley and Siemens software
- Competitive Medical, Dental, Vision, and Short-Term Disability insurance options
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid time off
Years of Experience5-9
Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field, and/or equivalent.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience with Allen-Bradley or Siemens software required
- Experience with Rockwell, and programs FactoryTalk
- Experience with industrial power & control circuits
- Able to maintain professional and friendly personality in high stress situations
- Comfortable troubleshooting and problem solving in the field
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field, and/or equivalent
- Related Controls Engineering manufacturing experience and material handling a plus
- Ability to troubleshoot problems with hydraulic, pneumatic, and mechanical systems interfacing with
- Willing to work overtime and travel up to 25%