Powered by Paperitalo
To apply for this job, you must first register as an applicant. Register here.
Maintenance SupervisorHood Container of Louisiana, LLC St. Francisville, Louisiana
Individual will be responsible for overseeing maintenance mechanics in H2 area of the mill. Applicant must have a strong background in mechanical maintenance and supervisory skills. Understanding of Paper Machine is a plus.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Safety and compliance of area maintenance as defined the mills policy and procedures.
- Ensure that contractors are aware of and in compliance with Health and Safety policy.
- Lead the performance of Mechanical mechanics assigned to area in meeting equipment availability targets.
- Develop a preventive maintenance plan for the area of assignment.
- Communicate to the operations superintendent repair options and potential risks.
- Follow up after maintenance work to identify opportunities to improve performance on similar work in the future.
- Take quick decisive steps to overcome obstacles that hamper the timely completion of maintenance work.
- Operates within established budgets for direct material & labor, and contract mat’l & labor.
- Planning and scheduling daily maintenance activities efficiently using labor and material resources as well as daily communication with operations personnel.
- Ensure that outages are planned, scheduled, and executed on schedule, within budget, and accomplish intended tasks. Be knowledgeable of job duration, manpower requirements and outside resources necessary to complete the work.
- Completing failure analysis of significant or repeat failures to eliminate re-occurrence
- Maintaining mill areas in manner to comply with asset insurance requirements (FM).
- Ability to troubleshoot and make quick and accurate decisions.
Years of Experience2-4
High School Diploma or Equivalent required
Additional Vocational Training a plus.
- Past experience in Mechanical Maintenance.
- Knowledge of PCs including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Project.
- 2+ years Paper Mill Supervisory experience preferred