Powered by Paperitalo
To apply for this job, you must first register as an applicant. Register here.
NORPAC Production ManagerNorth Pacific Paper Co. LLC Longview, Washington
NORPAC Production Manager
From its world-class manufacturing facility in Longview WA., NORPAC delivers a broad range of high-quality papers to customers across the United States and around the world. NORPAC makes high-quality and environmentally conscious copy paper, packaging paper and printing paper grades.
NORPAC has an immediate opening for a Production Manager. This position is responsible for all production related activities for the Mill. The Production Manager, in collaboration with process managers and engineers, coordinates activities with other operating departments, technical and engineering support groups, and maintenance. This includes the direction and development of NORPAC hourly operators and salaried Team Leaders to ensure that the mill is run in accordance with its goals in the areas of safety, environmental stewardship, housekeeping, cost containment, organizational/team development, reliability, quality and production. The Production Manager has P&L responsibilities and uses strong technical knowledge and interpersonal skills to facilitate the identification of process and equipment improvements, implement and achieve operating excellence best practices, successful introduction of new paper grades and expected return on capital spending.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (Engineering, Pulp & Paper Technology, etc) or equivalent operations experience.
- A minimum of 15 years of pulp & paper industry experience.
- At least 10 years of papermaking experience.
- 5 years or more of supervisory/leadership experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Highly safety conscious with the ability to lead safety improvements
- Experience in a high-involvement, team-based work system
- Experience in implementing 6 Sigma and Lean Manufacturing processes
- Very strong leadership, coaching and team problem solving skills
- Exceptional communication skills: written, oral and listening.
- Ability to generate commitment and motivate employees toward a common goal.
- Good planning and organizing ability.
- Business level management experience a plus
- Experience in containerboard packaging industry
Interested candidates can send resumes firstname.lastname@example.org
NORPAC is an equal opportunity employer