Powered by Paperitalo
To apply for this job, you must first register as an applicant. Register here.
Process Applications Engineer – Americas (Services and Systems Business Unit)Aiakwa Fiber Technologies Greenville, South Carolina
Aikawa Fiber Technologies (AFT) is the global leader in the supply of highly-engineered stock preparation components and processes for the pulp and paper industry. AFT’s commitment to improving mill performance is met through our experienced personnel, advanced manufacturing practices, state-of-the-art engineering and our investment in research and development. AFT is a recognized leader in providing process-based solutions to the pulp and paper industry worldwide. We have manufacturing facilities in Finland, Canada, South Korea and China and sales representation around the world.
The Services and Systems Division of AFT is charged with the delivery of capital equipment as well as technical and mechanical service solutions to global customers as sold through our internal and external specialized sales force.
In pursuing our goals, we depend on talented people who welcome challenge. In return, we offer diverse, stimulating careers and advancement opportunities in an international working environment, as well as competitive salary and benefits package.
The Process Applications Engineer will work directly with Project Managers and equipment designers to develop the processes necessary to meet customer needs through creative designs, 3D modeling, and on-site hands on support to see their designs take life. The Process Applications Engineer will be a critical addition to a very talented team that has been successfully building the AFT capital business over the past 20 years.
The incumbent will work directly with internal and external resources to design, specify, and implement processes to effectively supply deliverables as specified in the customer purchase order/contract. Specific responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Design, specification and implementation support for capital projects for customers within North, Central and South America :
- Creation and verification of project specific mass balances;
- Creation of process concepts to meet customer scope requirements and associated dimensioning.
- Creation and/or coordination of P&I diagrams, lists and other required design documents.
- Creation of process element functional descriptions.
- Participation in FAT tests, commissioning and start-ups;
- Process application support for other portions of the Global Services and Systems team as required.
- Support of Project Managers when priorities require or learning opportunities present themselves, specifically within the process engineering discipline.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of the project design and documentation tools as required to meet customer and internal requirements.
- Monitor and document tools utilized by the Systems and Services organization.
- Participate to revision of capital products and modification of equipment designs for reliability and serviceability where possible.
Years of Experience10+
BS+ engineering degree minimum, preferably Pulp & Paper, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering.
- Manufacturing process/equipment familiarity with a functional understanding of paper mill specific process and unit equipment design, control and optimization. Rotating equipment design/specification experience is a plus.
- Strong-relationship skills resulting from having been in a team oriented work environment. Integrity, intellectual humility, flexibility and goal oriented team achievement are basic expectations in the development of a service oriented culture.
- Demonstrated capability with project execution software, dynamic modeling, and design software. AFT utilizes Vertex, CAD, and proprietary dynamic process modeling software.
- Strong communication and teaching skills to enable team skill development.
- Used to and comfortable with extensive travel and being in the field within industrial job sites.
- As this will be a home-based position, the successful candidate must be highly organized and structured while accustomed to performance metric tracking and accountability. Effective self-motivation and time management skills are critical.
- Innovation and creativity are required since AFT tailors every solution to meet a specific customer need.
We are interested in those who share our values and who wish to develop their skills and acquire experience in a global company.
If you are interested in joining an innovative organization and participating in our growth, please submit your application no later than March 17, 2019.
The applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.