Powered by Paperitalo
To apply for this job, you must first register as an applicant. Register here.
Process EngineerSmurfit Kappa North America Forney, Texas
At Smurfit Kappa, we open up opportunities with forward-thinking customers by relentlessly applying our experience, expertise and ingenuity.
Smurfit Kappa is one of the leading producers of paper-based packaging in the world, with around 46,000 employees in approximately 370 production sites across 35 countries and with sales revenue of €8.6 bn in 2017. Smurfit Kappa’s worldwide headquarters are located in Dublin, Ireland and has regional headquarters in Amsterdam (Europe) and Miami (the Americas).
Smurfit Kappa North America is part of the Smurfit Kappa Group and is a leading integrated paperboard and paper-based packaging manufacturer with multiple facilities in the Southwestern United States and Northern Mexico with approximately 4,800 employees in this region.
With our pro-active team we relentlessly use our extensive experience and expertise, supported by our scale, to open up opportunities for our customers.
We collaborate with forward thinking customers by sharing superior product knowledge, market understanding and insights in packaging trends to ensure business success in their markets.
We have an unrivalled portfolio of paper-packaging solutions, which is constantly updated with our market-leading innovations.
This is enhanced through the benefits of our integration, with optimal paper design, logistics, timeliness of service, and our packaging plants sourcing most of their raw materials from our own paper mills. Our products, which are 100% renewable and produced sustainably, improve the environmental footprint of our customers.
Process Engineer Job Summary
- Troubleshoot technical issues, collect and analyze logsheet data, collect and analyze samples of various process streams.
- Plan, conduct, and report on machine trials aimed at optimizing operational performance
- Capital projects: manage capital projects ranging from $5k to as much as several million dollars in scope using competent and professional project management methods, as directed by mill manager.
- Continuous improvement: lead and manage continuous improvement projects. Identify and quantify opportunities, collect and analyze data, propose, win support for, and implement solutions, monitor and evaluate results.
- Improve operations through crew training and development. Act as liaison between suppliers and crews
- Actively support operations in safety improvement efforts.
- Rotate weekend call duty for production department.
Are you ready to Open the Future?
Years of Experience<2
- Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering, Paper Science, or related field
- Training and certification in Six Sigma or similar curriculum, and proven work experience.
- 2-5 years experience in a paper making or similar operation, with some supervisory experience
- High energy, with the ability to work in fast-paced environment
- Computer proficiency required