Powered by Paperitalo
To apply for this job, you must first register as an applicant. Register here.
Process & Mechanical Design EngineerFulton Systems Inc Norcross, Georgia
United States based supplier of steam and condensate systems offers 95 years of engineering excellence to the Pulp and Paper Industry. Since 1924, our engineered systems, proprietary designs and equipment, are unique to each application. We continue to support thousands of system installations in the US, Canada, and Latin America.
As a small, privately held engineering firm located in greater Atlanta, Georgia, our employees are empowered with a breadth of responsibilities not found in most companies.
The position requires diverse engineering responsibilities. Individuals must be self-starters with excellent interpersonal skills. Must be willing to travel with project development / execution, and sales support. Expected travel is 40%-60% with peaks during project execution.
Position responsibilities are listed but not necessarily limited to the following duties:
- Technical sales, customer service, and support.
- Heat and mass balance calculations.
- Produce detail design calculations, P&ID sketches, and control strategies associated with projects and proposals.
- Ability to work closely with clients having autonomy to make decisions on project scope, schedules, performance, and execution.
- Perform field machine testing and data collection to complete mass balances; generate technical reports and recommendations identifying opportunities to improve process.
- Ability to identify bottlenecks and opportunities to improve reliability and vision to modify existing equipment to accommodate capacity and production increases and energy optimization.
- Coordinate, lead, or participate in on-site engineering, start-up, and project commissioning.
- Ability to calculate pressure and flows for systems used in the Pulp and Paper Industry.
- Develop process equipment selection and sizing.
- The nature of this position requires a great deal of ingenuity and creativity in the development of designs and configurations, innovative thoughts and ideas, which contribute to client objectives and goals for production and energy optimization.
Wages & Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation
- 401K with company contribution
- Profit Sharing
- Medical, Life, Travel, and Disability insurances
Years of Experience5-9
BS Engineering in Mechanical, Paper Science, Chemical, or Industrial
Key Attributes & Qualifications:
- BS Engineering in Mechanical, Paper Science, Chemical, or Industrial
- 5+ Years engineering experience in chemicals, pulp and paper, or petrochemicals.
- PE Registration a plus
- Core concentrations:
- Heat transfer
- Utilization of steam tables
- Mass and energy balances
- Process engineering
- Strength of materials
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal using Microsoft Office applications.
- Fluency in English is necessary, Spanish and or other languages are a plus.
- Ability to sit, stand or walk for long periods of time.
- Ability to perform field duties while wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including safety glasses, hearing protection, and hard hat.
- The mill environment requires walking long distances, ascending and descending stairs, utilizing catwalks and other pedestrian walkways.