Powered by Paperitalo
To apply for this job, you must first register as an applicant. Register here.
Structural EngineerCR Meyer Oshkosh, Wisconsin
The Structural Engineer contributes to the overall success of CR Meyer and its heavy industrial customers by providing structural engineering services within the Design/Build team. Provides engineering services for the construction of buildings, equipment platforms and foundations, deep foundations, silos and bin foundations, structural steel, facility inspections, masonry walls, retaining walls, cofferdam designs and means and methods engineering.
- As part of the Design/Build team, works collaboratively and oversees the work of Designers within specific construction projects, to ensure that projects are designed to the customer’s design specifications, construction industry standards and structural requirements.
- Working with the design team, develops conceptual design, fabrication/installation plans, drawings, approved construction plans, etc.
- Participates in proposal meetings and provides guidance in areas of expertise during the planning phase.
- Works closely with heavy industrial/manufacturing customers to determine the most practical and cost-effective approaches to their construction projects.
- Uses all available technological resources to create drawings and plans for proposal and construction. i.e. Revit.
- Performs engineering calculations to ensure all construction projects meet or exceed structural integrity requirements, applicable industry engineering standards and/or related regulatory and building codes.
- Conducts site visits for measuring and documenting existing buildings and structures as required for further analysis and drawing production.
- Performs structural inspections and analysis of existing facilities, documents existing structural conditions of the facility, and provides repair details as required to restore the structural integrity of the facility.
- Works with all designated parties to get plans approved. i.e. customers, regulatory agencies, and other third parties.
- Works with the Construction Project Management team to ensure that projects are built to specifications, and coordinates with field personnel to implement a design that is efficient and safe to execute.
- Notifies the Construction Project Manager of ‘means and methods’ engineering requirements needed for the project (i.e. special picking beams, floor loading considerations, etc.)
- Assists the Construction Project Management team in development of estimate/bid, establishing and executing the project schedule and budget, timely and accurate reporting, participating in close-out meetings, etc.
- Assists the Construction Project Management team in maintaining a positive and collaborative relationship with the customer, subcontractors, vendors, field team, etc. assigned to the project.
- Assists with any QA/QC requirements expected by customer.
- Participates in all pertinent CR Meyer Safety Training and Safety Meetings, and plays a positive, proactive active role in promoting safety requirements on the job-site.
- Wears all assigned PPE and observes CR Meyer safety guidelines at all times.
- Due to project deadlines and demands, regular and reliable attendance is required.
- Completes all related reports and paperwork in a timely manner.
- Represents the CR Meyer brand in a positive, professional manner at all times.
- All other duties as assigned.
Years of Experience5-9
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited university, with a focus on structural engineering required. Master’s Degree in Structural Engineering preferred.
- Minimum of five years of related structural engineering experience in the design of structural steel and foundation systems for buildings and heavy industrial equipment.
- Successfully passed FE exam, EIT certification preferred.
- Professional Engineer (PE) license with ability to get additional states (if required). NCEES record holder.
- Experience with structural engineering analysis design tools required. 3D FEA analysis experience required.
- Ability to complete all CR Meyer training and perform job duties within safety guidelines including, but not limited to, First/Aid-CPR Certification, OSHA 30 and SafeStart.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screening and comply with CR Meyer’s Drug & Alcohol Policy and Program.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, insurable driving history and ability to operate a motor vehicle following all traffic laws and safe, courteous driving habits.
- Must be legally eligible to work in the United States without employer sponsorship.
- Proficiency with MS Office software required.
- AutoCAD & REVIT experience preferred.
- Familiarity with ASCE and IBC (2012 and newer) Building Codes.