Powered by Paperitalo
To apply for this job, you must first register as an applicant. Register here.
Safety CoordinatorCR Meyer Rhinelander, Wisconsin
The Safety Coordinator contributes to the overall success of CR Meyer and its heavy industrial customers through supporting the construction project management team in all matters pertaining to risk management, health and safety programs. Responsible for administering the CR Meyer Risk Management program as it relates to specific construction projects and job sites.
- Acts as a resource to all CR Meyer management, administrative and field staff in interpretation, administration and compliance with the CR Meyer Risk Management program.
- Participates in all routine meetings including pre-task/pre-job planning, daily huddles, construction progress meetings, Risk Management team meetings, “Toolbox Safety Talks,” etc.
- Develops an understanding of customers’ site-specific safety requirements. Ensures that CR Meyer and all subcontractors meets or exceed those expectations.
- Conducts routine site visits to build rapport and conduct audits. Makes recommendations and acclamations both verbally and in writing. Follows-up to ensure correction and if needed, issues warnings of persistent, uncorrected unsafe conditions. The Safety Coordinator has the authority to order a work suspension in situations where imminent danger or serious hazards exist.
- Assists with organizing and providing all relevant, site-related safety training for CR Meyer management, administrative and field staff. Onboards new employees, providing proper PPE and safety-related training as needed. (i.e. site-specific, aerial lift, forklift, confined space, LOTO, etc.)
- Leads by personal example and is a strong advocate for the CR Meyer Mission-Vision-Values and Code of Conduct.
- Administers the location’s compliance with the CR Meyer Drug & Alcohol Program, coordinating with testing facilities and communicating with employees.
- Prepares and maintains all accident documentation, including preparation of reports and notification to all parties. Conducts post-accident and near-miss investigations.
- Maintains accurate safety training records in Viewpoint and ensures all required training is up-to-date.
- The Safety Coordinator has the authority to order a work suspension in situations where imminent danger or serious hazards exist.
- Assists in the coordination of emergency response, such as first aid, medical, fire protection, evacuation, and fire alarms as well as on-site construction security procedures. Coordinates with emergency response personnel, transports injured employees to the clinic and coordinates post-accident follow-up.
- Maintain safety supplies/PPE as needed for each job site, orders supplies and assists employees with questions on proper use.
- Maintains all applicable jobsite required notices and signs.
- Leads by example observing and promoting CR Meyer safety guidelines at all times.
- Due to project deadlines and demands, regular and reliable attendance is required.
- Completes all related reports and paperwork in a timely manner.
- Represents the CR Meyer brand in a positive, professional manner at all times.
- All other duties as assigned.
Years of Experience<2
- Bachelors Degree in Occupational Health & Safety required.
- A combination of education and experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- One to three years of experience in health & safety or construction required
- OSHA 510 certification preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite products required.
- Ability to complete all CR Meyer training and perform job duties within safety guidelines required.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screening and comply with CR Meyer’s Drug & Alcohol Policy and Program.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle, insurable driving history and ability to operate a motor vehicle following all traffic laws and safe, courteous driving habits.
- Must be legally eligible to work in the United States without employer sponsorship.
- Ability to travel to various project sites within the United States required.