Powered by Paperitalo
To apply for this job, you must first register as an applicant. Register here.
Shift Supervisor – TAD or NTT Paper MachineClearwater Paper Shelby, North Carolina
Coordinates and directs the activities of the hourly production employees to maximize productivity and minimize cost while maintaining safety and quality.
- Instructs and leads crew in safe work practices in pursuit of zero injuries.
- Provides information and training on OSHA rules and regulations and additional site procedures.
- Ensures that all safety and environmental recordkeeping is done in a timely manner.
- Maintains a clean work environment conductive to safe work habits and encourages employee accountability
- Responsible for the operation results and development of employees on shift.
- Manages employees work schedules, vacations.
- Aligns staffing on shift to match priorities. Shifts resources to the highest priority areas.
- Acts as the interface between management and staff keeping business interests in mind.
- Ensures the team works to standards (work instructions, procedures, Centerline [CL], Clean, Inspect, Lubricate [CIL] for safety, 5S, quality, etc.)
- Provides team leadership and coaching
- Leads and facilitates losses elimination by using the Go, See, Think, Do (GSTD)
- Ensures the collection and right reporting of performance KPIs
- Knows new standards and process knowledge and transfers to the team
- Assures team members have the necessary skills to be effective
- Facilitates Shift Hand Off (SHO) and participates in Daily Operating Review (DOR), Weekly Operating Review (WOR), and Monthly Operating Review (MOR).
- Provides information and training for crew on all equipment and processes in area of responsibility.
- Maintains personnel records and executes performance evaluations on employees.
- Assesses the needs of the crew and implements developmental processes (e.g., coaching, counselling, taking corrective action, mentoring, etc.) to continuously improve their performance
- Supervises hourly employees; provides training as needed
- Goals of self and team are aligned to the site Integrated Business Plan (IBP)
- Assigns tasks and follows up with crew when necessary to ensure that work is completed on schedule.
- Identifies and corrects any potential problems (troubleshooting) and takes appropriate action necessary to prevent serious equipment failure.
- Plans effective use of available resources and assists in the development of process, design and operational improvements.
- Identifies possible cost savings in all areas of operation.
- Assures quality of production.
- Leads crews to improve processes by identifying and eliminating non value added activities (waste).
- Prepares and distributes information regarding changes to policies and procedures (as a result of kaizens or other CI opportunities) to employees
Please click here to learn more & apply.